If your child or children have been abducted or taken out of the state/jurisdiction without your consent or you suspect that they may be removed from the state then you must act immediately and inform the authorities. There is a special unit in the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform. It is referred to as the Central Authority for Child Abduction and this unit is tasked with helping and advising you around child abduction issues. Click here for further information. For cases involving the jurisdiction of Northern Ireland click here
There are a couple of simple steps which you can take to help aid you and the authorities in the event that your child or children are abducted, these steps are particularly useful if you suspect that something is about to happen.
- Keep up to date photos of your child/ren.
- Get a copy of your child/rens birth certs.
- Keep a written description of your child/ren such as height, colour of eyes, build etc.etc.
- A copy of passport details would also be useful.
- Make a list of potential addresses where you believe your child/ren could be.