YOU ARE HERE : Home / FAQS / Guardianship / 1.How to get Guardianship by agreement 

    Home   : :   News   : :   FAQS   : :   Radio   : :   Resources   : :   Poems   : :   History   : :   About Us   : :   Contact Us   : :   

  search site



1.How to get Guardianship by agreement

Download or Printout a copy of SI 5 HERE! and get the declaration sworn in by yourself and your child's mother by a peace commisioner or a commisioner for Oaths.Your local Garda station should be able to give you the name and address of a Peace Commissioner in your area

On section 4, page 2 of the form make sure to strike out the word "access", otherwise you will be conceeding some legal rights!

Make two copies of the signed Statutory Declaration, one for the mother and one for the father. Keep the document in a SAFE place as there is no register or record of this document kept by any official office. If you lose it then there will be no record of your being a Guardian.If there is more than one child a separate Statutory Declaration is needed for each child.



    Providers of Shared Parenting Solutions 8/14/2011 


Print View   Site Map   Login